Last modified: April 2020
- The basics:
HawkScanner (“HawkScanner” or “we“) is committed to complying with all applicable data protection laws, including the data protection requirements introduced by California Consumer Protection Act. This Privacy Statement contains information on what data we collect, what we do with that information, and what rights you have.
We take the protection of your information seriously and take steps to make sure your personal information is secure. Please read the full Privacy Statement below. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- The details:
You should know that this Privacy Statement does not apply to information about you collected via any third-party site or application (including advertising or similar services) that may link to, or be accessible from, HawkScanner’s websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or data collection, use, and disclosure practices of those sites. We encourage you to read the written policies of all sites you visit.
By visiting or using any of our websites or services (including email communications), you agree to this Privacy Statement. Our Privacy Statement may change from time to time, at HawkScanner’s sole discretion, and these changes can affect the information described below, so please check back periodically for any updates.
HawkScanner takes appropriate steps to protect and secure your personal data from unauthorized access, use, and disclosure. We use adequate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized, accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, misuse, disclosure, or access and against all other unlawful forms of data processing. We put these measures in place after evaluating current state of the art of the technology, the cost of implementation, risks presented by processing, and the nature of the personal data.
4. How We Protect and Use Personal Data
We collect different types of information for our business operations, including but not limited to:
- Website data. This includes information provided at the time of purchasing or registering for our products and services, or requesting further services. Also, we may ask you for information when you report a problem with our websites, products, or services.
- Data you provide to us. When you click through our websites, purchase our services, or otherwise contact us, we may request, or you may choose, to give us information. This may include information by which you may be personally identified (“personal information” or “personal data”), such as your contact information, name, company, employer, e-mail address or telephone number, and records and copies of your communications with us.
- Marketing. If you are interested in, or have used our products in the past, you may periodically receive emails from us containing details about features of the products you use and/or about similar products or services that we offer.
- Public Data. We will from time to time collect information from publicly available websites and index that information in order to assess the functionality of HawkScanner’s proprietary software and analysis programs. This information is often used to detect and shutdown illegal or illicit activity. Additionally, we will at times receive incidental personal information from partners or from publicly available sites. We do not identify, index or link this data in any way.
- General business operations. We may also receive or collect other personal data from or about you in the ordinary course of our business. Here is how we use information that you provide or we collect:
- To provide our websites, products, and services;
- To give you information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To let you know about changes to our website, products, or services;
- To ensure the integrity and security of our websites, products, and services;
- For our ordinary business operations, including human resources, recruiting, and business research and outreach; and
- To comply with our legal obligations.
5. Our Legal Basis for Data Processing
In some circumstances, we are not allowed to process personal data if we do not have a valid legal ground. Therefore, we will only process your personal data in these specific situations if:
- the processing is necessary to perform our contractual obligations towards you or to take pre-contractual steps at your request, such as when we authenticate your log-in to our services or ensure that you only have access to the services and data you’ve agreed to buy;
- the processing is necessary to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, such as tax reporting or regulatory requirements;
- the processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of HawkScanner, and does not unduly affect your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (see below);
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest; or
- if we have your consent.
If we ever process any special categories of data relating to you, we will do so because:
- the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim;
- the data has been manifestly made public;
- the processing is necessary for to serve a substantial public interest; or
- you have given your explicit consent to us to process that information (where legally permissible).
6. Data Integrity
We do not use personal data in ways that are inconsistent with those described in this Privacy Statement. We only collect and retain as much personal data as we need for the specific purposes we have described, or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations. When data retention is no longer necessary, we may delete personal data or retain it in a form that does not personally identify anyone.
7. Information Use, Disclosure, and Your Options
It is important to us that we adequately protect your personal information, especially when we disclose information about you. We may disclose or transfer personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Statement, including:
- As required by law, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce the Terms and Conditions that apply to the use of our products and services, including to protect the rights, property or security of HawkScanner, our employees, our users, and others.
- As part of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of HawkScanner’s assets.
- To our affiliates, agents, contractors, service providers, and others we use to support our business or collaborate with and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes of providing services for or with us.
You have choices about the personal data you provide us. Here are some ways you can control the data we have:
- You may opt out at any time from the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow us a reasonable time to process your request.
8. Important Notice to all California Residents
Under the CCPA California residents have a right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information by HawkScanner. We do not currently sell individual or consumer information and therefore do not offer an opt-out process.
Additionally, California residents have a right, under the California Consumer Privacy Act, to request to know what personal information HawkScanner may collect, store, or use about them during the course of business and a right to request the deletion of that information as addressed below.
- California residents may request to know what personal information HawkScanner collects, stores, or uses by emailing email@example.com with the subject line “Right to Know”. Residents will be asked to supply additional information to verify their California residency such as an address or phone number. Upon a successful verification of residency HawkScanner will respond to the initial request within 45 days.
- California residents also have a right under the CCPA to request the deletion of any personal information that we collect. After or before submitting a verified request to know via firstname.lastname@example.org (mentioned above) you may request deletion of any and all personal information that HawkScanner currently possesses. Residents who have not previously submitted a verified request to know will need to verify their identity with an address, phone number or email.
- Under the CCPA California residents have a right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information by HawkScanner. We do not currently sell individual or consumer information and therefore do not offer an opt-out process.
- We will never discriminate against anyone or diminish our products or services in response to an individual exercising the privacy rights conferred on them by the CCPA or any other applicable privacy law.
- If you would like to designate an authorized agent to make requests to know under the CCPA on your behalf, please email email@example.com.
Please note that it is possible that HawkScanner, for various reasons, may not meet certain thresholds or requirements for CCPA applicability. Nothing herein may be construed as waiving any arguments HawkScanner may have regarding the applicability of the CCPA to HawkScanner and its operations
9. Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
Our servers are located in the US. If you are located outside of the U.S.A., please be aware that any information provided to us, including personal information, will be transferred from your country of origin to the USA. Except as otherwise noted, your decision to provide such data to us, or allow us to collect such data through our websites or products, constitutes your consent to this transfer of data and personal information.
Children Under the Age of 18
People under the age of 18 are not permitted to visit our websites or register for our services. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to delete it. We do not knowingly collect personal information about children under 18. If we learn that a child under 18 has provided us with personal data, we will delete this information, subject to any limitations on our ability to do so.
10. Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement at any time. We encourage you to visit this page often to read the effective version of this Privacy Statement. If you have any concerns or questions about this Privacy Statement, or if you would like to lodge a complaint, please contact email@example.com.
This Privacy Statement supersedes and controls over any other similar statement or policy found on our websites.
11. Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org